I do. So do most people.
Every issue, they follow a top achiever around for a day and tote up all they got done -- 73 phone calls, 14 meetings, 30 laps swum, etc.
I thought it would be fun to analyze a handful of "Tracked" profiles for you, in search of common traits -- each of which you can copy in your business.
Want to know what I found?
First, here's the list of super productive people:
- Hollywood mega-producer Brian Grazer
- Silicon Alley icon Kevin Ryan
- CEO and publisher Martha Stewart
- Restauranteur and "food crusader" Alice Waters
- Pixar Chief Creative Officer John Lasseter
Now, here are 5 things they do to get huge amounts of profitable work done each day ...
- Early to rise. Martha Stewart wakes up at 4:59, Alice Waters about 6:45. All 5 top achievers get up somewhere in between, further proof that Ben Franklin was right
- Exercise before breakfast. Walk, swim, cardio/strength training -- every one of these highly productive people makes time to invest in their health
- Follow a script. Nobody gets on their daily schedule without an appointment
- Delegate. The highest-paid activity on earth is thinking. That's why people at the top surround themselves with support teams to implement their ideas, giving them more time to find more ideas
- Over-communicate. Waters sent 193 emails, Brian Grazer made 73 phone calls, John Lasseter held more than 4 hours of meetings. However it's done, these top achievers have a lot to say each day -- and they say it in a way that matches their communications style
Meanwhile, I'm laying out the kettlebells for tomorrow morning's workout :-)
Bio: Kevin Donlin can help you grow your business and enjoy the breakthrough results your hard work deserves. If you're interested in boosting your revenues and profits, please click here.