Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What is Your Color of Money?

How would you like to know -- at a glance -- whether your agenda for the day is setting you up for success, productivity, and profits?

Well, you can. It's dead simple, really.

All you need to do is color-code agenda items 2 ways: low-profit activities and high-profit activities. In my case, those colors are red and green, respectively.

Based on my 80/20 Marketing principles, which hold that the fastest way to success is to do more of what makes you money in the time you now waste doing what doesn't, I try to fill every day with high-profit GREEN activities.

That way, I can see -- instantly -- if I'm on track for a profitable day.

Take a look at the example screenshot from my Google Calendar page below ...


Names and details have been blocked out to protect the innocent, but you can quickly see what a profitable day looks like -- the more green activity, the better.

As you can see, my high-value activities include:
  • writing and testing landing pages
  • revising and creating web pages
  • following up to close sales with prospects
  • writing sales copy for the projects I've sold
  • meeting prospects and referral partners

Conversely, low-value, low-profit activities are colored red on my daily schedule. The fewer of those, the better. My low-value activities include:
  • phone calls to discuss subjects I should have finalized before
  • administrivia -- bill paying and the like (outsourced 80% already!)
  • checking email
You might want to give this idea a try tomorrow, and color-code your agenda two ways. Let me know what you choose as your color of money in the comments section below.

Bio: Kevin Donlin can help you grow your business and enjoy the breakthrough results your hard work deserves. If you're interested in boosting your revenues and profits, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment