Friday, January 3, 2014

Want More Vendors to Refer Business to You? Thank Them! How to Grow Your Business With Gratitude (Day 14 of 15)

You could file today's thank-you note under Strategic Gratitude.

That's because I'm writing to thank a potential referral partner for her work on a recent copywriting project. She's manager at one of America's leading printers for direct mail -- a potentially fantastic referral partner for me. She did a great job for my client and me recently. So, I want to make sure she knows how much I appreciate her efforts.

Thus, this note (with my client's name covered up and kooky handwriting around a cutout in the middle) ...

Here's the thing: I'll bet you my next 12 car payments that I'm the only copywriter to mail her a thank-you notes for a job well done. My appreciation is genuine. And, hey, if she remembers me with favor the next time a printing client asks for a referral to a good copywriter, well, that's nice too :-)

Remember: You're not remarkable if nobody is talking about you. Simple little thank-you notes, written and mailed with a stamp, are an easy way to start conversations about you -- for all the right reasons. And that always leads to referrals. 

Meanwhile, if you want to put an end to "feast or famine" syndrome in your business, my free Client Cloning Kit can help. It's not some cheapo download -- this is a real business-building kit you can hold in your hands.

Grab your free copy now, while they last.






No comments:

Post a Comment