Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thank You For The Challenge: How to Grow Your Business With Gratitude (Day 4 of 15)

I remember college (most of it, anyway).

Before enrolling and choosing my classes as a freshman at Michigan State, I was recruited for the Honors College. (It had something with my fluky PSAT score and NOTHING to do with my high school GPA).

And I remember a very short conversation that went like this ...
Me: "Is there more homework in the Honors College?"
Honors Student: "Well, we like to challenge ourselves. We work harder and we get better."
Me: "So, to confirm, there IS more homework?
Honors Student: "Of course."
Me: "No, thanks."
To this day, I regret that immature decision to skip the Honors College. Yes, I managed to get an excellent education. But I can't help wondering what might have been if had only challenged myself more ...

Which brings us to today's topic: Challenge.

As you may have figured out, I am now a fan of challenges -- mental, physical, all kinds.

And that led me to write the thank-you note that I mailed today. Take a look ...



Tim is one of my favorite clients because he's such a master implementer. He gets an idea at breakfast and has me writing a sales letter to promote it by lunch. 

Today, after a particularly challenging letter (that I wrote in about an hour of frenzied activity), I wanted to thank him for forcing my brain to stretch in new directions. I'm a better writer now than I was yesterday as a result of Tim, and I hope he will be a little more profitable tomorrow as a result of working with me.

Either way, this is a perfect occasion to say (and mail), "Thank you."

Meanwhile, if you want to put an end to "feast or famine" syndrome in your business, my free Client Cloning Kit can help. It's not some cheapo download -- this is a real business-building kit you can hold in your hands. 


Grab your free copy now, while they last.

No comments:

Post a Comment