Wednesday, May 29, 2013

How to Microwave Your Cold Prospects

What's a good way to get attention?

Be impossible to ignore.

What's a good way to quickly "warm up" cold prospects in your business and turn them into new clients?

Send them a message that's impossible to ignore.

Here's Exhibit A in my arsenal of tools to do just that -- a message in a bottle.


Twice in the last few weeks, I've mailed it to potential clients who once seemed eager to hire me, but had fallen silent.

Rather than send them email after email, hoping for a response, I spent a few minutes writing a relevant letter and shipped it out in a bottle like the one you see at left.

In both cases, response from those cold prospects came the same day -- "Let's talk!"

And the resulting revenue from both prospects was in the mid four figures.

Why does this work?

Lots of reasons:

  • Unlike an email, you canNOT delete a message in a bottle. You MUST open and read this
  • Big, lumpy mail like this canNOT go anywhere but the top of the pile. Therefore, it likely gets opened first ... by someone wearing a grin
  • Rather than claim to prospects that I can write sales letters that get opened and read, I prove it to them. In spades

So, yeah, this works. Four figures is a nice ROI on a bottle and postage that cost less than four bucks.

Now, you may not have access to the dozens of direct-mail tools at my disposal. After all, I am a professional copywriter. Getting my letters opened, read, and responded to is how I earn my living.

But you can adopt this same idea in your business. If you have leads with high potential value that have gone cold, spend a few minutes and dollars to send them a message they can't ignore.

Meanwhile, if you want to more clients like your best clients, my free Client Cloning Kit can help. Grab your free copy now, while they last

No comments:

Post a Comment