Friday, November 19, 2010

Why Mail Thank-You Notes? This is Why

Yesterday, I mailed a thank-you note to a very nice meeting planner who booked me to speak two nights ago. And today I got the following email from her:

RE: Your card made my day
               
Hey Kevin,

I’ve been dealing with some crises for people all day and your cheerful card raised me up. Bless you and thank you! And I’m very excited to have you be at the December meeting.

Susan 

Can an email "thank you," dashed off on your Blackberry, do that?

Your mother was right. Write and mail a thank-you note to every person who does you a good turn.

First and foremost, it's good manners.

But, as a side benefit, good manners often equal good marketing.

UPDATE: Here's another take on thank-you notes from business author, Shep Hyken:

Don’t ever forget to say THANKS! It can be face to face, over the phone or via written thank you notes. Customers like to feel appreciated. Recently I bought some clothes from a local retail store. Just a few days later I opened my mail and found a thank you note from my salesman. Was I impressed? You bet. Will I go back? You bet. And, when I do, I will be looking for my salesman.

Bio: Kevin Donlin can help you grow your business and enjoy the breakthrough results your hard work deserves. If you're interested in boosting your revenues and profits, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment