Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Direct Mail or Die?

Here's another reason why you MUST include direct mail in your marketing mix ...

I just got a call from a prospect who downloaded my Free Client Cloning Kit about 4 weeks ago.

But my records show that he never opened ANY of the emails that I sent him to follow up.

So, why did he call me back?

Because I also sent him a printed letter by MAIL.

Not a tweet or a chirp or a DM or a text or an update or anything virtual ...

No. I printed and mailed him an actual letter, delivered by the U.S. Postal Service. On paper. With a stamp.

As a result, he called this morning and was very excited to talk to me. He said, and I quote: "The letter you sent was so interesting that my wife called me while I was out of town to tell me about it."

Can your email do that? Can any email do that?

Meanwhile, we had a very nice talk by phone. He's sold on my abilities as a copywriter. And none of this would have ever happened if I hadn't used direct mail to augment my email marketing.

Something to think about in your business, eh? Especially if you've come to depend heavily (too heavily?) on email or social media to find, get, and keep clients.

Resource: Want to put an end to "feast-or-famine" syndrome in your business? My Client Cloning Kit can do that for you. Grab your copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment