Friday, March 23, 2012

The P.S. That Prompted a Very Busy CEO to Call Me

Every copywriter knows the P.S. in a letter almost always gets read.

Why?

Because it's right below the signature, where it can't be missed.

But not every copywriter can write a good P.S.

This P.S. was better than good -- it made my phone ring ...


Specifically, it caused a very busy CEO to pick up the phone and call me, triumphantly, to say that, yes, his assistant did open this letter.

Was I unhappy about having to buy him lunch? Uh, no.

My goals for this letter were two-fold:

1) Have a fun phone conversation. Check
2) Set up a meeting. Check.

(By the way, had his assistant NOT opened the letter, he would have likely called to find out what the heck I was up to.)

Now. Will this P.S. language work in every situation? No. It may not even work in most situations.

Had I not previously had a friendly lunch with this person, I might not have penned such a cheeky P.S.

But ... it shows how the right mix of creativity and bravado can work wonders in your sales letters.

Bio: Kevin Donlin can help you grow your business and enjoy the breakthrough results your hard work deserves. If you're interested in boosting your revenues and profits, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment