Monday, August 22, 2011

Marketing Force Multipliers

In 480 B.C., a force of 300 Spartans faced more than 150,000 Persians in a narrow mountain pass called Thermopylae.

Despite impossible odds, the 300 Spartans held off a force 50 times their number for two full days (before dying to the last man).

How did 300 Spartans equal 150,000 Persians?

With a force multiplier, defined as anything added to a fighting force which increases the effectiveness of that fighting force.

Look at the picture. See that narrow stretch of land the Spartans defended? It was a choke point. It forced the 150,000 Persians to squeeze in and battle the Spartans on even terms.

Thermopylae itself was just one force multiplier for the Spartans. They had others: superior training, equipment, and motivation (they were defending their homes).


Now. How can this help your business?

Ask yourself: What one thing, added to your marketing, greatly increases your effectiveness?

The answer is your force multiplier. And you want to do more of it.

Example: In my copywriting practice, my force multiplier is a follow-up phone call. It greatly increases the effectiveness of my marketing efforts, by 50% or more.

If I meet a prospect on a Monday, I will call them on Tuesday or Wednesday to follow up. Or if I mail something to a prospect and I know it arrived on a Wednesday, I'll call them on a Thursday or a Friday.

No matter what business you're in, you're doing at least one thing that greatly increases your marketing. That one thing is your force multiplier. Find it. Then, do more of it.

Meanwhile, if you want to more clients like your best clients, my free Client Cloning Kit can help. Grab your free copy now, while they last

No comments:

Post a Comment