Thursday, December 19, 2013

Got Great Partners? Thank Them! How to Grow Your Business With Gratitude (Day 9 of 15)

Here's the kind of thank-you note I love writing, in recognition for a job well done.

This note went out to Damon Lacey, an ace graphic designer. He sets himself apart from other designers by always going the extra mile ...



I use Damon for design work and send my clients to him because I know he's going to take good care of the people I refer.

Today he went above and beyond to find and purchase the license to use a graphic for a direct-mail project, saving my client about $500. He made me look very good. So "Thanks" are definitely in order.

Yesterday I wrote that you get more of what you reinforce. A handwritten thank-you note is a powerful bit of positive reinforcement, so if someone sends you a referral and you want more, send them a thank-you note.

Similarly, if a partner on a project comes through for you in spades, like Damon did for me, you can get more of that good behavior by reinforcing it. Send them a thank-you note.

Meanwhile, if you want to put an end to "feast or famine" syndrome in your business, my free Client Cloning Kit can help. It's not some cheapo download -- this is a real business-building kit you can hold in your hands. 

Grab your free copy now, while they last.

No comments:

Post a Comment