Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Right People Produce The Right Results: How to Grow Your Business With Gratitude (Day 7 of 15)

Get the right people on your team and your strategies and tactics will largely take care of themselves.

That's a fact I've proven to myself and seen in others, over and over.

In Good to Great, Jim Collins writes:  

"We expected that good-to-great leaders would begin by setting a new vision and strategy. We found instead that they first got the right people on the bus, the wrong people off the bus, and the right people in the right seats -- and then they figured out where to drive it. The old adage 'People are your most important asset' turns out to be wrong. People are not your most important asset. The right people are."
With the right people on your "bus" (business team) you'll pick the right destination for your company -- and be more likely to reach it.

Despite the best efforts of the imbeciles in Washington to drive our U.S. economy off a cliff, 2013
has been a good year for me. Revenues are up more than 75% over last year, which was a very good year.

I credit most of my success to the people I have on my team. One of those people is Mark, a personal friend and mentor. 


Thanks to Mark, my head has been on the right track for most of this year. As a result, so has my business. You can see my combination Christmas/thank-you card to him below ...
Not to go all froo-froo on you, but wherever you go (in business and in life), there you are. Wherever you are, your head is. If your head is full of trash, your results will stink. If your head is clear and focused, your results will be, too.

Thanks to the support of great people like Mark, my head is clear, my strategy and tactics are focused (if not yet perfect!) and 2014 looks very bright.

Are the right people on your team? If so, be thankful. And take a moment today to show your appreciation to them. If you don't have the right people, now's the time to start looking for replacements.


Right people, right results. Right? 

Meanwhile, if you want to put an end to "feast or famine" syndrome in your business, my free Client Cloning Kit can help. It's not some cheapo download -- this is a real business-building kit you can hold in your hands. 

Grab your free copy now, while they last.

No comments:

Post a Comment