Thursday, March 10, 2011

Business is Fourth

I don't write about faith or prayer here very often, but this is one of those times ...

A friend of mine just lost his five-month-old son, Max, to liver cancer.

And that reminded me of the saying, "God is First, Family is Second, I am Third."

Business ranks, at most, #4. Sometimes we forget that. Not today.

I don’t know how to express my sadness at Max’s passing. I prayed daily for his recovery, and now I pray for his mom and dad.

Without ever meeting him, little Max brought tremendous meaning to hundreds, maybe thousands, of people through his parents' networks of friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors.

Those of us who are parents will hug our children a little longer tonight, be a little more eager to help with homework, and tell them one extra time how much we love them -- because of Max.

Max’s short life brought all who know his parents closer together. And Max made a lot of parents a little bit better at doing their job, the most-important work on earth.

His parents asked that anyone wishing to show support for Max may donate to Solving Kids' Cancer and The Ronald McDonald House Charities

No comments:

Post a Comment